Thursday, March 25, 2010

Weekend Prep for Obento and More

I spend a weekend to prepare some dishes for Obento. Most of them are vegetables. Here are some examples from last weekend.

  • Pre-cut and boiled Kabocha squash for freezer
  • Pre-washed, boiled, and cut Kale for freezer


  • Baked Sweet potato (Wrap a potato in a piece of foil and bake it in a 425F degree oven for about 1.5 hr. I slice the potato and cut-out in fun shapes for my princess)


  • Oven Baked Kabocha squash with olive oil, pepper and salt


This is Obento for my husband on March 24


  • Chicken Sandwich with frozen organic chicken patty, lettuce, tomato, mustard & Mayo, home baked Challah bread
  • Green salad with sweet pepper and tomato (not shown)

Here is Obento for my husband on March 25


  • Japanese steamed rice with Hello Kitty Furikake topping
  • Cucumbers and mini-tomato
  • Garbanzo and white beans, tuna, Kabocha square in tomato sauce
  • Steamed broccoli
  • Baked Kabocha squash

Bonus - my little princess with her first pair of sunglasses and Hello Kitty handbag (her birthday gift from her grandparents)

No comments:

Post a Comment