Friday, March 12, 2010

Busy week Obento #2

Busy week - teaching all day on Thursday and Friday. Had a great class! I was very tired at the end of the day since the whole family has not slept through the night since last Saturday. My little princess has been under the weather and wakes up 2 to 3 times per night. While you are teaching, you still have to get up and going. Yes, I was up at 5 am, repeated the same routine as yesterday. I probably look like a zombie by now.

Here is my Obento yesterday:


  • Japanese steamed rice with Yukari Furikake topping
  • Veggie Miso Soup (rice and miso soup are my comfort food...)
  • Lentil salad with onions, carrots, kale - dressed with home made French dressing
  • Steamed broccoli
  • Tofu stake curry flavor (dust firm tofu with a mixture of curry power, flour and peper - cook with a little amount of canola oil)
  • Salad with kale, "Ito Kon nya ku," fish flakes


Here is my Obento today:



  • Japanese steamed rice with Yukari Furikake topping (Yukari topping is so good when you have a small appetite.)
  • Veggie Miso Soup
  • Japanese omlet with green onions
  • Cucumbers
  • Salad with kale, "Ito Kon nya ku," fish flakes
  • Steamed broccoli
  • Baked Sweet potato (serves as a small dessert)
  • Boiled bean sprout topped with curry sauce (low budget item!)

Everyone in my family is under the weather :-( Hope to rest this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment