Thursday, March 11, 2010

Obento in a busy week

This week has been a challenging one. My two-year old has been sick since last Saturday, so my husband and I are taking our turns to take care of our child at home. My blog is behind of the schedule, but I've been taking pictures of my obento.

Wednesday - I stayed home with her until early afternoon. Here is her lunch.



  • Onigiri: Japanese steamed rice balls wrapped with sea weeds
  • Steamed broccoli
  • Baked sweet potato star-shape
  • Steamed meat balls
  • Vegetable and tofu Miso soup
  • Apple juice

She did not have much appetite, so I baked her favorite banana muffins (with soy milk, organic beet sugar, egg, wheat flour, and canola oil). My husband gave her in the afternoon for a snack. She ate more than a half! Yay.



Oh, my husband wake up little late, so here was his to-go breakfast sandwich made with home baked Challah, scrambled eggs and cheese.



Here is my Obento yesterday.



  • Japanese steamed rice with sweet fish topping
  • Miso soup with tons of veggies
  • Japanese omelet with green onions and fish flakes (Dashi maki)
  • Home made Daikon radish pickle (nukazuke)
  • Tofu and Tuna in light soy & mirin sauce
  • Baked yams

It has been a busy day. I'm ready to go to bed now...

No comments:

Post a Comment