Saturday, March 6, 2010

"Supper Recreated" Bento

It's Friday. Yay! I had lunch with my friends to celebrate one of the "Ladies" birthday. I always think on her birthday that spring is on its way. Her birthday is on the same date as the Japanese Girls' Day. Here is my husband's Obento. Main and side dishes are recreated from the supper dishes. With regard to the decoration, this Obento is too simple. Excuse, excuse. Please allow me, it's Friday!



  • Japanese steamed rice with Furikake topping
  • Organic Chicken in tomato sauce (with lots of veggies)
  • Pasta salad with steamed cauliflower

As I posted on the FB earlier, I purchase a whole chicken and cut in pieces at home. It saves $ and reduces packaging wastes. For this dish, I cooked with Kabocha squash that gave the dish sweetness and nutrients. Carrots, onions, and some other veggies from my refrigerator went to the dish.

Pasta salad - I had some leftover pasta. Cut them in small pieces (I use a Kitchen scissors. Time saving!), add steamed cauliflower, toss with some Mayonnaise and Ketchup. It tastes good at cool or room temperature.

Happy Friday and Shabbat Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment