Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Vegetable Bento

My guilt free bento making continues... here is my Obento.



  • Japanese steamed rice with Yukari fukikake topping
  • Vegetable Miso Soup with turnips, broccoli stems (I save them. They are yummy and nutritious!)
  • Baked Kabocha squash
  • Fish flake salad with home made "Nuka zuke" pickles
  • Steamed cauliflower
  • Sauteed mushrooms, cabbage, and onions.

Today is Japanese Girls' Day - "Hina Matsuri". I was too tired to make special dishes for dinner :-(
I'll try to make Sushi and other dishes this weekend to properly celebrate the Girls' Day. My daughter's "Hina dolls" have been displayed in our family room. I'll post some pictures of the dolls and dishes later. By the way, my profile picture is one of her doll - the princess.

Happy "Hina Masturi" for my girl friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment