Monday, March 1, 2010

Reversing My Guilt (from weekend's indulgence) Bento

Feel guilty :-( from weekend's indulgence. Had a great time dining out with my husband - from a glass of wine, deep fried appetizers, main dish to chocolate fudge cake. It was unusually heavy meal. I did not exercise (I had a sharp pain in my left ankle over the weekend). So, today is "let's reverse the guilt" Bento.



  • Japanese steamed rice (less than usual)
  • Potato soup
  • Fresh fruits (apples, oranges, kiwi)
  • Steamed broccoli and cauliflower
  • Fish flake salad with veggie pickles

During my lunch hour, I went to swimming. It was great - did not feel the pain in the water!

For my husband, I packed some leftovers and veggies.


  • Japanese steamed rice with Furikake toppings
  • Yakisoba
  • Steamed broccoli and cauliflower
  • Sauteed chicken and "Eringi" mushrooms
  • Carrots

For dessert and snack:
  • Apple
  • Hamantashen Cookies (for Jewish holiday of Purim)

My daughter dressed up as a cow girl for Purim yesterday. When we arrived at the synagogue, her boy friend showed up as a cow! How perfect is that :-) We had a good time.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment