Saturday, March 20, 2010

Obento during the last week

I am so behind of my Obento posting. My husband and I have been under the weather and recovering. I baked Challah last weekend (my once a month Challah baking). Mira loves my home baked Challah. It takes a half day from start to finish (I bake six loaves once a month), but it's worth the effort. Every Friday evening, we have a lovely loaf of Challah on our Shabbat table.



Took "Challah" for a blessing and had the roll for our afternoon snack.



Here is March 16 Obento for my husband.


  • Japanese steamed rice with Furikake topping
  • Vegetable Miso Soup
  • Sauteed Veggies
  • Lentil salad with French dressing
  • Kale salad
  • Tomato
  • Apples with honey
  • Kiwi fruit

Here is March 18 To-go breakfast for my husband.




  • Soft scrambled eggs
  • Cheese
  • Cucumbers
  • Peppers, Mayo, Ketchup for taste
  • Ciabatta (Italian bread) bun

Here is March 19 Obento for my husband.


  • Japanese steamed rice
  • Carrots and cucumbers
  • Beef and Veggies (I marinated grass-fed beef over night with graded onion, graded carrots, soy sauce, mirin, garlic, ginger, apple sauce)
  • Vermicelli with veggies with sweet red peppers

I found this glass container on-line. I used to pack his Obento in a Ziplock container, but did not like the fact that he warms up his Obento in a microwave in the plastic container. I love this.
A perfect size - does not retain color or smell. Dishwasher and microwave safe. I like the clear lid (compare with Pyrex version) comes with this. It's made in Italy. You can find this product from several different on-line stores. I got mine from Amazon.

I hope my husband and I continue to recover and feel better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment