Monday, May 10, 2010

Catching up with the lost month - Obento and more.

It has been for a while since my last post. Let's catch up a little bit.
I found this Obento image in my digital camera - Stan's obento on March 30.



  • Japanese steamed rice with Furikake topping
  • Cucumbers and steamed sweet potato (star-shaped)
  • Baked Kabocha squash
  • Homemade meatballs with lean-beef, veggies, and tofu

Here are some pictures from April 2. My princess began to use a pair of chopsticks to eat her favorite breakfast (Japanese steamed rice with soft scrambled eggs "iri-tamago").
She was so proud of herself :-)





Here is our Mother's Day breakfast. When I was making this breakfast, I was hoping - someday near future, my princess and husband will wake up early and fix this breakfast for "me".



  • Pancakes "Hot cake" in Japanese - (soy milk, eggs, flour, vanilla extract, sugar, canola oil)
  • Organic raspberries and blueberries
  • Sauteed banana in organic Maple syrup (1 banana sliced, 1 Tsp Maple syrup, 3 Tsp water, 1/2 tsp corn starch)




My princess loved it!



Here is Stan's Obento today.



  • Vegetable tofu curry (leftover)
  • Mini-Onigiri (Japanese rice balls wrapped with sea-weeds)
  • Cherry tomatos
  • Boiled snap peas
  • Carrots and sliced squash
  • Chicken tenders

Happy Lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment