Saturday, July 17, 2010

Soboro Obento and weekend baking - July 10-17, 2010

My digital camera has a full of pictures - it's time to update my blog entry. Here are some pictures from last week.

Breakfast on Saturday, July 10

Yeast-donuts! Very soft and not greasy - fresh donuts are great in the morning. We had these in our back yard patio. Simple sugar coating (my choice), plain (for Mira), and of course, chocolate graze for Stan.





Yes, they are deep fried :-) but ingredients are all organic - even I used Organic Canola oil for frying. Tasted so good!

Then, I baked some sweet rolls for our friends - we had a dinner get together with them. I thought it will be nice to bring some treats :-)

Chocolate Rolls (for our Friends)


Cinnamon Rolls (for Mira)


Challah Roll (for Mira and Brooke at dinner)


I was happy to learn that everyone enjoyed these treats.

Opps - this is a blog for my Japanese Obento. Here is Stan's Soboro Obento from last week.



  • Bed of Japanese steamed rice
  • Topping - Soboro (cooked in sweet soy and ginger graze) Ground Turkey Meat, carrots, and snap peas
  • Marinated tomato
  • Mushed potato
  • Kabocha squash cooked with Shiitake mushrooms, Lentil beans, Hijiki-sea weeds, fish caked in sweet soy based sauce

Stan loved it!

Here is our breakfast this morning - Saturday, July 17, 2010

Fresh Baked Bagels!!!


I tried baking bagels for the first time two weeks ago - did not look too pretty. I made some improvements - here there are! I try to make them soft for Mira (not too chewy) - sacrificing the shiny look of the traditional bagels. The most important things - Taste! and be able to enjoy them. They tasted great and still soft for her.
Mira had a half bagel - Stan had a bagel and a half with cream cheese :-)



Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment